There are many best fantasy books of all time that have been written over the years, so determining the “best” can be subjective. However, here are some of the most commonly cited best fantasy books of all time:
Best fantasy books of all time to read in 2023
- “The Lord of the Rings” by J.R.R. Tolkien – This epic fantasy series, consisting of “The Fellowship of the Ring,” “The Two Towers,” and “The Return of the King,” is often considered the gold standard of the genre.
- “The Chronicles of Narnia” by C.S. Lewis – This series of seven books, beginning with “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe,” is a beloved classic of children’s literature.
- “A Song of Ice and Fire” by George R.R. Martin – This dark and gritty series, which inspired the hit television series “Game of Thrones,” is known for its complex characters and intricate world-building.
- “The Wheel of Time” by Robert Jordan – This 14-book series is a sweeping epic that follows a cast of characters as they fight to save the world from an ancient evil.
- “The Earthsea Cycle” by Ursula K. Le Guin – This series of six books is set in a richly imagined world of magic and dragons, and is known for its elegant prose and thoughtful exploration of themes.
- “The Harry Potter” series by J.K. Rowling – This series of seven books follows the adventures of a young wizard as he attends a school for magic and battles against the evil Lord Voldemort.
- “The Kingkiller Chronicle” by Patrick Rothfuss – This series, consisting of “The Name of the Wind” and “The Wise Man’s Fear,” is known for its intricate world-building, complex characters, and poetic prose.
- “The Mistborn” trilogy by Brandon Sanderson – This series is set in a world where magic is powered by ingesting metals, and follows a group of rebels as they fight against a tyrannical ruler.
- “The Belgariad” series by David Eddings – This five-book series is a classic of the genre, and follows a young farm boy as he discovers his destiny and battles against an ancient evil.
- “The Dark Tower” series by Stephen King – This series of eight books blends elements of fantasy, horror, and westerns, and follows a gunslinger as he journeys through a mysterious, otherworldly landscape.
Again, these are just best fantasy books of all time to read in 2023 a few examples of some of the best fantasy books of all time. There are many other fantastic books and series out there that could easily be added to this list. To read book reviews plz visit